Weekly Greek: Kappa Delta

Kappa Delta sorority continues to uphold their universal motto while active on Baylor’s campus. The sorority’s motto is “Ta Kala Diokomen” or “Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.KD is represented by colors of olive green and pearl white, and the teddy bear, nautilus shell, dagger and katydid.
Ever since being established on October 23, 1897 in Farmville, VA the ladies of KD take pride in their philanthropies. While most sororities have one philantrophy, KD has four: Prevent Child Abuse America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Orthopedic Research Awards and the Children’s Hospital of Richmond, Va.
KD host’s an all-male softball tournament and an all-female bake off ,”Shamrock,” in the spring to raise money for PCAA.  The Waco Family Abuse Center receives 80% of the money raised and the remaining 20% goes to PCAA.  Over $7.1 million has been donated to PCAA nationally since it became philanthropy.
For the Girl Scouts of the USA, KD hosts several events every semester with the Girl Scouts such as movie nights, fashion shows and National Girl’s Day.
Recently, KD had a successful event held in Waco Hall. The organization, along with the gentleman of Sigma Phi Epsilon, hosted “America’s Real-Life Hitch,” David Coleman, to campus for the Dating Doctor event.
Some famous KD’s include Georgia O’Keeffe, Ali Landry and Patricia Polito Miller (co-founder of Vera Bradley Design).

 

Corrections: The founding year was changed from 1987 to 1897.

Advertisements

3 Responses

  1. This story is horribly written. I hope the writer isn’t a journalism student or a Kappa Delta.

  2. You have the founding date wrong. October 23, 1897 is the correct date. Not October 23, 1987.

  3. They’re gone anyway and should have been thrown off years ago.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: